Small in size, huge in sound!
High-tech in a compact format - the Helix DSP MINI is packed with the finest technology regardless of its size. A state-of-the-art 64-bit audio DSP combined with a 96 kHz sampling rate and a high resolution audio bandwidth of up to 40 kHz provides phenomenal sound quality. In addition, new, unique DSP sound features such as the "Augmented Bass Processing", the "StageXpander" or the "RealCenter" function, which set new acoustic accents in the possibilities of sound tuning.
But not only acoustically, the DSP MINI heralds a new era in signal processor technology. A particularly powerful 32-bit CoProcessor (ACO) for all control tasks ensures the decisive speed increase especially in data communication with our DSP PC-Tool software, but also when switching between different sound setups. All the better that instead of the previous two now even ten internal memory locations are available.
But that's not all - the basic equipment includes, of course, the high-level input with ADEP3 circuitry (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection, Generation 3), the "Auto Remote" switch, an optical input and the HELIX Extension Card Slot (HEC Slot). for system expansion such as Bluetooth® audio streaming or high resolution audio streaming via USB In terms of design, the DSP MINI presents itself in a HELIX-typical, clear look - far too beautiful to hide it "anywhere" in the vehicle due to its small dimensions.
Naturally, it goes without saying that the HELIX DSP MINI can be easily configured using our professional and particularly user-friendly DSP PC Tool Software V4. There is another saying that size matters!
- Extremely powerful Fixed Point Audio DSP with 64-bit resolution and 1.2 billion MAC operations per second
- High Resolution Audio bandwidth up to 40 kHz for unmatched sound quality
- ACO - Advanced 32 Bit CoProcessor for all control and communication tasks
- 10 internal memory slots for sound setups
- Fast switching between sound setups
- High speed data transfer and improved usability
- HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC) for system expansions
- Intelligent highlevel input with ADEP.3 circuit and auto-on
- Starting plugability down to 6V supply voltage
- Unique DSP sound effects such as "Augmented Bass Processing" for dynamic optimization of the bass reproduction of the subwoofer, the "StageXpander" for broadening the stereo perspective, the "RealCenter" function, which allows both the driver and the passenger an equally perfectly focused stage image and much more
- Freely definable signal routing with separate matrices for Line, SPDIF and HEC / AUX
- Optimal signal routing and power supply for excellent sound quality
- "Ground Lift" switch to avoid ground loops
- Very compact dimensions for easy integration
- Easiest configuration via the intuitive DSP PC-Tool V4 software
The "RealCenter" feature is a proprietary algorithm by Audiotec Fischer that highlights the monaural information of the left and right front channels to create a unique center signal. In contrast to conventional methods, in which only the channels are summed up, here comes in addition to a dynamic control of the center signal by the stereophonic information content of the left and right channel added. This means that the center channel will not play a signal if only the left channel or only the right channel provides an audio signal. With usual algorithms, the center channel would only be 6 dB quieter in this case. Audiotec Fischer's "RealCenter" thus enables a unique, wide-ranging stage image - and this is optimal for the driver and passenger alike! The disadvantages of a conventional center channel, such as an intrusive, narrow spatial sound representation are finally a thing of the past.
Augmented bass processing
Audiotec Fischer's proprietary "Augmented Bass Processing", consisting of the two revolutionary sound features: "Dynamic Bass Enhancement" and "SubXpander". These are specifically designed to dramatically improve the bass response of subwoofers.
"Dynamic Bass Enhancement" ingeniously combines maximum low bass foundation and high maximum sound pressure - regardless of the style of music or the sound settings on the radio. Depending on the input signal, "Dynamic Bass Enhancement" enhances the lower frequency range and varies the cutoff frequency of the Subsonic filter. The result is a much more powerful, deeper bass response at low and medium volumes without running the risk of mechanically or electrically overloading the subwoofer at high volumes. It's simply fascinating which bass performance is suddenly possible.
If you want to have the bass range a bit deeper and "blacker", you can additionally activate the "SubXpander". Subharmonic tones are added to the basic tones in the frequency range between 50 and 100 Hz.
Depending on the arrangement of the loudspeakers in the vehicle, a more or less wide stereo stage can be realized on the front seats. If a center loudspeaker is also installed, it sometimes additionally limits the spatial representation of the music. This is where Audiotec introduces Fischer's new "StageXpander" - a sound feature that seems to erase the acoustic boundaries, allowing for a much wider stereo base without negatively impacting the precision of locating voices or instruments. The effect can be adjusted in four stages to your personal taste.
More transparency and substance in the high-frequency reproduction complacent? But Audiotec Fischer now offers just the right tool with the "ClarityXpander".
Properly dosed (and therefore selectable in three levels) gives the overtones additional radiance - particularly useful if the original speakers miss the necessary shine in the high frequency range. There is the extra Hochtonkick not only for the two front channels, but also separately adjustable for the center channel. And because just in the latter a tad too much in conjunction with overtone-rich music material fatigues your hearing, even an automatic, dynamic control of the additional harmonic component can be activated here.
- 4 x cinch
- 4 x high-level speaker input
- 1 x optical SPDIF format (12 - 96 kHz)
- 1 x Remote In
- input sensitivity
- RCA 2 - 4 volts
- High level 5 - 11 volts
- 6 x cinch
- 1 x Remote Out
- Output voltage: 4 volts
- Frequency range: 10 Hz - 44,000 Hz
- DSP resolution: 64 bits
- DSP computing power: 295 MHz (1.2 billion MAC operations / second)
- Sample rate: 96 kHz
- DSP Type: Audio signal processor
- signal converter
- A / D: Asahi Kasei
- D / A: Asahi Kasei
- Signal to noise ratio digital input: 106 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to noise ratio analogue input: 103 dB (A-weighted)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD + N) Digital Input: <0.001%
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD + N) Analog Input: <0.002%
- Intermodulation distortion digital input: <0.004%
- Intermodulation distortion analog input: <0.004%
- Crosstalk:> 90 dB
- Operating voltage: 9.6 - 18 volts (maximum 5 seconds down to 6 volts)
- Current consumption: <400 mA
- Max. Remote output current. 500 mA
- Additional features
- HEC slot, ground switch
- Control Input
- 32 bit co-processor
- ADEP.3 circuit
- Auto remote switch
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 40 x 177 x 104 mm
- 1 x signal processor HELIX DSP MINI
- 1 x USB data cable
- 1 x mounting material
- 1 x user manual